Wednesday, October 25, 2017

It's Not About The Money, Money, Money

Yesterday, as I was walking around Hobby Lobby, I started looking at wedding decorations and such. I figured it couldn't hurt to start looking around and getting an idea of some things I wanted to then go and get when they were on sale.

I saw this beautiful sign that was a count down to the wedding day.

They wanted over $20 for it. That's fine and good, but I'm not made of money. I went over to their craft section. I found a back board, a wooden heart, a wooden 'P' for Peters, some plum and slate blue paint (the colors Justin picked for the wedding, along with fall colors,) and knew I had chalkboard paint at home. 

Since I am a bargain/clearance/coupon shopper, I got all of the supplies to make mine for $7.

I honestly forgot to take pictures of the step by step, but I can go through them.

  1. I painted the back board plum.
  2. I painted the 'P' blue.
  3. I painted the heart with chalkboard.
  4. I got a piece of scrapbook paper and cut out the shape of the middle. I didn't want to write directly on the board, so that after we are married, I can use the sign for something else if I wish. 
  5. I wrote the phrase "Until We Say 'I do'" in silver sharpie.
  6. I used wood glue to connect the heart and the 'P'.
 Here is my finished project:

No comments:

Post a Comment