Friday, October 13, 2017

Mommy Jealousy.

I bet you read that title and thought I was going to be talking about my my five-year-old, Kiannah, being jealous of her two-month-old sister, Maddox. I can tell you already, you are very, very wrong.

What I indeed meant by 'mommy jealousy' is when mommy gets jealous when her kids are with someone else.

My mom has a friend that she has known since high school, named Russ. Russ doesn't have a wife or kids of his own and has always been very close to my family, closer than my real aunts and uncles even. When I was younger he was my best friend. He would stay over at my parent's house and have camp outs in the living room with me, play games, and take me to the park. When I got older and mom and I would argue because I was a preteen and knew everything, he would take me on drives and we would just drive and listen to music, or he would teach me about photography. We were best friends. Now, Kiannah is his best friend.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not jealous that she likes spending time with him. I love that he has someone to spend time with and that she has a friend besides her parents, but I miss her. I miss her when she's at school, and then she comes home and wants to go to great-grandma's house, or memaw's house, or go stay at memaw's house with Uncle Russ. She wants to go do things, which is wonderful, but she never wants to call. She doesn't want to come back home. I miss her.

I guess you can't say I'm really that jealous, it's more of just.. I miss my baby. She may not be the baby anymore, but she will always be my baby, and I will always miss her.

Do you ever get 'jealous' when your kids stay the night somewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment