Monday, October 16, 2017

The Simplest of Things

Have you ever woken up in a bad mood, and just didn't have any good reason why? Have you noticed that the slightest thing you do can set the mood for everyone around you? 

Friday, I woke up in a bad mood. I didn't want to go to town. I didn't want to get dressed for the day. Hell, I didn't even want to get out of bed. I don't have a good reason for it, but I did. My friend Taylar called me and came over first thing in the morning. Being around her makes my mood better. So we talked. We vented. We ranted. We just hung out. I was worried when she left I would return to my angry Britni self, so I decided to bake. I wanted to do something nice for Justin to make sure he would be in a happier mood. Even if I was a moody butthead, he didn't need it taken out on him. So, I baked. Big muffins, little muffins, and cookies. Bunches of them. 


I sent some home with Taylar for her boyfriend, and she went home. I wanted her to be able to have a good mood with her, too. 

Justin came home from work and was so excited to see that I had made a gesture, even as small as making baked goods and doing the dishes. It put him in a good mood, which made me happy. A few hours later, he ran to Grand Island to see a friend, and came home with these gorgeous roses:

It just goes to show you, sometimes you just have to make happiness happen around you, but if you do, it will be returned. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment