Monday, October 23, 2017

Where's The Loyalty Rewards?

I have been on Verizon since before it was even Verizon. My mom has been on the same phone plan with the same phone number since 1993. But you never hear about anything for loyalty, only "Sign up today and get a free ____!" "We will pay your termination fee!"

Sure, I get "rewards points" for paying my bill on time that coincide with the amount I'm spending, but lets be honest: They are USELESS.

I just logged into my account. 208,860 rewards points. You know what my options are?

  1. Use 200 points to enter into a sweepstakes.
  2. Use rewards points to buy things in auctions (if you win).
  3. Local deals. Get $10 of every $30 spent at Rue21 for 1000 points. Get a large pizza for the price of a medium pizza for 2000 points at Godfather's Pizza. Awesome, but you still have to spend more money. 
  4. There is merchandise, like jewelry. For example, you could get Swarovski Swan Lake earrings that retail $119 for $80 if you spend 3,900 points. 
  5. Gift Cards, same as merchandise. 
  6. Hotels. Once again, I don't have extra money. 
So why can't they make it to where you can use your points for something useful, like money off your next bill, or a otterboxes or lifeproof cases to help keep your phone in working order? Their rewards system is as good as pointless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment